Metatropolis is ready for pre-order
If you order from Audible.com now, you immediately get to download the first story, In the Forests of the Night by Jay Lake
Publication date for this shared-world project is October 21, but you can get a taste early by pre-ordering and receiving the first story immediately!
What's Metatropolis about? It's about the near future of our cities--how they are going to evolve and mutate in the next quarter-century or so; and it's a series of stories about ordinary people caught up in--and helping cause--this transformation.
Here's the stories, and briefly, what they're about:
In the Forests of the Night by Jay Lake
High in Oregon’s Cascades, a mysterious stranger named Tygre Tygre walks into the off-the-grid settlement known as Cascadiopolis and claims asylum. He is a man with no past and seemingly otherworldly abilities. Will he be the Cascadians’ salvation?
Stochasti-city by Tobias Buckell
OK, Reg. You’re a bouncer who’s barely eking out a meager existence in the decaying Wilds outside Detroit. So a little job tracking the Eddies on their patrols seems like easy money. Well, think again, Reg. Because a riot’s about to happen… and you’re going to be the cause…
The Red in the Sky is Our Blood by Elizabeth Bear
How does the stranger know Cadie’s real name – and why she’s on the run – and what it all has to do with the Ukrainian mob? He’s offering her freedom from possessions and a totally new way of life. But he wants just this one little favor…
Utere Nihil Non Extra Quiritationem Suis by John Scalzi
The only thing Benji lacks more than ambition is luck. And his new job has to be the lowest of the low. But something is stirring in the zero-footprint economy of New St. Louis. And Benji’s about to find himself chin deep in the muck!
To Hie from Far Cilenia by Karl Schroeder
Gennady’s an expert on nukes, so when the Interpol man hires him to track some stolen plutonium, it seems like business as usual. Except for this: all signs lead to – a place that doesn’t exist.
- MICHAEL HOGAN (In the Forests of the Night) is best known as Col. Saul Tigh, the executive officer on the landmark SciFi Channel series, Battlestar Galactica. Among his other numerous roles are multi-episode appearances on such television series as The L Word and Monk.
- In addition to his role as Lt. Felix Gaeta on Battlestar Galactica, ALESSANDRO JULIANI (Stochasti-city) has appeared in Stargate SG-1, Dark Angel, and other series.
- KANDYSE McCLURE (The Red in the Sky is Our Blood) plays Officer Anastasia “Dee” Dualla on Battlestar Galactica, and has also appeared on such TV series as Smallville, Dark Angel, and Da Vinci’s Inquest.
- SCOTT BRICK (Utere Nihil Non Extra Quiritationem Suis) is one of the most prolific and best-loved voices in the audiobook business, having narrated more than 400 titles. He’s been named a “Golden Voice” by AudioFile Magazine, the leading industry publication. Sci-fi audio fans know him best for his 2008 Audie Award-winning work on Frank Herbert’s Dune.
- STEFAN RUDNICKI (To Hie from Far Cilenia) has more than a thousand audiobooks to his credit as narrator, writer, producer, or director. He is best known to sci-fi audio fans for his voice work on Ender’s Game, and other titles in Orson Scott Card’s classic “Ender Wiggin” series.
We had tons of fun putting this project together. I hope you have as much fun listening to it!